This Month: What is Hyper-V Virtualization?
Welcome to B-Comp Tech-Talk: a monthly blog series that explains technical jargon in simple terms. Last month we focused on the definition of SQL server. This month we will explain Hyper-V virtualization.
Hyper-V is a Microsoft product that allows businesses to operate more efficiently through virtual computer environments, hosting and managing multiple servers or operating systems on a single computer. These virtual machines differ from cloud computing because they do not deliver computer sharing services via the internet. Instead, the server is actually manipulated so it can be shared by multiple operating systems. Many businesses use both Hyper-V and cloud computing together to operate as efficiently as possible.
By consolidating multiple systems through one machine, businesses can streamline their IT solutions: users can operate multiple servers, saving time and money. Hyper-V can be used to:
- Scale the IT infrastructure up or down without expensive equipment upgrades
- Reassign resources as needed
- Perform testing on new applications
- Set up new server environments quickly
- Free up resources by migrating business data
- Reduce server downtime by monitoring utilization/consumption
- Perform regular system backups
- Run multiple virtual machines on the same hardware
- Perform disaster recovery
- Utilize remote connectivity
- Provide data security
- Reduce your company’s energy footprint
In the past, Hyper-V was too expensive for most businesses to implement. Today, it’s not only an affordable option – it can be vital to the success of your company. In fact, implementing Hyper-V can actually make your hardware investments go further by consolidating more of the computing demands.
Hyper-V Implementation Services
B-Comp Services is an IT solutions and support company that has the in-house expertise to help your company implement Hyper-V virtualization. We can help identify the right edition and features of Hyper-V to support your internal needs. The goal is to make your company as streamlined as possible. To learn more about support for Hyper-V, contact B-Comp Services at (303) 282-4934 or visit us online by clicking here.